Your event is just two weeks away, and you haven’t heard from some of your invitees as to whether or not they’re coming! Don’t they know that you have caterers who need to know your final guest count? How rude!
Let’s face it. Humans. Are. Messy. They lead busy/chaotic/anxious-ridden lives and simply forget and/or avoid committing to your most important event. And yes, even with the cutest “Save The Date” refrigerator magnet ever.
Take a breath, relax, and read on! Here’re some “tried & true” methods for reducing RSVP stress.
1. Don’t assume because you have a wedding website that your guests will know to RSVP there. Especially your (ahem) “seasoned” guests – they will want a paper invitation. Thank you.
2. Make it no-brainer easy to respond: Put a self-addressed stamped envelope into your paper invites. Make sure the RSVP date is on it.
PRO HINT: If you’re having a served meal, remember to include a list of choices (meat, fish, chicken, vegan) with a place to check off on the RSVP card. You, your guests, and your caterer will all be happy you did!
3. Get in their heads. Make the RSVP cards attention-grabbing. If it’s in your nature to be funny, say something to get their attention. A quick Google search found the above fun and practical example
4. Get in their email. Online sites such as EVITE make it easy for your guests to respond online. EVITE will even send out a second RSVP reminder automatically, so you don’t have to.
5. Get all up in their lives. Call the non-responders. If the thought of calling people makes you emotional, get a sassy friend or your wedding planner to do that for you.
Planning Q’s? Call or Text pattie: (585) 244-2870
Was this helpful? Need more info?
Call or text pattie, our Event Goddess! 585 244-2870